5 Point Manufacturers Marketing Checklist
Do three of these things and you will be more likely to make a sale.
- Make sure your website is mobile friendly. A recent Google survey revealed almost 75% of respondents said they are more likely to revisit a mobile-friendly site. Users are five times more likely to abandon the task they are trying to complete if the site isn’t optimized for mobile use, with 79 percent saying they will go back to search and try to find another site to meet their needs. Click to check if your site is mobile friendly.
- Make sure you can be found in a search for your product and services. Based on a 2018 B2B Buyers Survey Report, 45% of buyers are spending more time researching purchases compared to the previous year, and another survey by Miller Hyman found most buyers wait to contact sellers until late in the sales process. In addition, just 23 percent of B2B buyers view sellers as a top resource for solving business problems. Search Google for your service to ensure that you can be found easily. (Example search: plastic injection molding, Connecticut manufacturers.)
- Keep your brand rankings up to snuff. Did you know that 70% of all manufacturing buyers search for your business online BEFORE they contact you? If your website presence isn’t up to snuff, you could lose leads. When you search your company name on Google, what does that result look like? If other companies show up on the results page above you, and your competitor’s website is showing ads, searchers may check them out first and never contact you. Make sure of your website, map listing, building photos, review and social media accounts are all listed under the same company name to take up as much search result page real estate as possible. (Perfect Example)
- Optimize your Google My Business account. As noted by Demand Gen, 65% of B2B buyers stated they rely more on peer recommendations/review sites and 54% rely on social media to research vendors and solutions. Also, web search (54%) and vendor web sites (46%) were their main sources for research. When you search google for your company name, your company should take over the right column and display your reviews. If the information is wrong, click on “Claim this business”. If you don’t have reviews, you need to get some (Learn how).
- Make sure your website has COVID 19 protocols and updates. Make it easy for customers to contact you. If your receptionist is working from home can someone contact you in an emergency? Have your shifts changed? What are your hours? (If you’re closed, when do you plan to reopen?) Are there special protocols for deliveries? If you’ve made modifications, take pictures to show the improvements you have made, and showcase employees wearing masks and practicing social distancing. People are worried about product contamination. What are you doing to address that?
Let Me Design or Implement a Done for You Manufacturing Marketing Strategy.
- Leverage 15+ years of creating digital marketing consulting strategies & planning.
- Actionable recommendations to increase valuable web traffic and defined conversions (AKA most wanted actions).
- Digital marketing strategy and plan.
- Help drive execution to attain stated goals and growth.
- Review your site’s assets, team’s skills and gaps.
- Identify valuable topics that generate high quality visitors.
- Map digital paths to increase conversions and avoid roadblocks.
- A complete review of your website, social media, email, SEO, SEM, digital content marketing, and image advertising programs.
Schedule your 30-minute live, no-sales-pitch audit
Bill Scully, SEO/Digital Strategist
- Product and Engineering Manager
- 20 year veteran of digital marketing & search engine optimization
- ROI driven
- Takes the headache of tech & web issues off your plate